Progress at The Rock

 Happy New Year! Hope you had a great holiday season.It's amazing to me how many people will anonymously sling some of the most hurtful, mean comments at each other, at me, at whoever they can, simply because they are online in a safe bubble with no repercussions. I guarantee you that if given the chance to say these things to the people in person, most of them wouldn't have the guts. All it takes is a little respect for other people's opinions.I write this for one reason, to educate people about how things work. Once again......I'm not saying I'm right. Not at all. My opinions are strong, but I also realize they are simply my opinions to share. Make your own decisions and by all means, If you love commercial radio, keep listening to it. I simply want you to have the facts about it all.Seems there's some good news for 2005 as well. I saw this on the board over at Radio-Info (http://www.radio-info.com/mods/posts?Board=seattle):"I happen to know that KISW will be implementing a local music show in the new year with their promotions assistant turned assistant music director as the host. I think her name is Ashley. She's got some huge shoes to fill considering the last local show they had, Seattle Zone was hosted by Damon Stewart, who was the man for local music." If this is true, then it's GREAT news. I got into radio to play good music and support the community that I am a part of. Sure, I would have loved it if they would have let me program a local show when I was there, but the bottom line is that I really wanted to see the radio station support the bands from their community and it sounds like they are going to.I find the choice of host interesting. If it is Ashley (otherwise known as P-Nut) who will be hosting, she's never been on the air as a DJ. When I left she had moved up from promotions to the position of assistant, helping the Music Director (also the mid day DJ) and the PD. It's strange to me that they wouldn't promote one of the other DJ's who are working with the hopes of moving up, but then again I never quite agreed with decisions that PD made anyways. I'm glad to hear KISW is finally coming to see that supporting the bands in your town matters. I do agree with the post, in that filling the last local show's shoes will be tough. Damon Stewart was a great DJ with a lot of passion who loved and breathed the music here.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Voice Tracking: Who Needs Live Radio Anyways?!?!